Thursday 9 August 2012

Olympic fever!

2012 Olympic Games

I never thought I would be into the Olympics this year! Never in a million years!
I’m not a sporty girl, and watching sport has always been a bit boring to me. Don’t get me wrong I like watching Wimbledon, and when I went there a few years back it was a brilliant day!
I remember when I first heard of the cost of the London 2012 games, I was gobsmacked! The park looks fantastic on TV, and I wouldn’t pass up going to see it myself, but I do think what they have spent is ridiculous given the current state of the economy! I was against the idea from the beginning and unlike what seem the rest of the country; I was not counting down the days!

I watched the Opening ceremony and was surprised at how much I liked it. Danny Boyle is a great director so it was always gonna be good, and I really liked how he, in a way, summed up British history and its people from the countryside to the city slickers and the NHS to Harry Potter. I liked how so many people from all over the UK were involved and the choir of children from different towns was a lovely touch. A lot of practice and preparation had gone into, and I think it showed Britain in a positive light.

The Queen parachuting in with Bond was unexpected and Mr Bean's appearance was equally as good, I mean, who doesn’t like Mr Bean? Or Bond for that matter...

I found myself watching a lot of the swimming events, and enjoying them too. The US team are impressive, and I have to say the British team are just as good. Team GB has shocked me, and I think they have really done themselves and the country proud. It’s obvious how hard they are all worked, and how much the Olympics mean to them and it’s nice to seem in their element.

The Gymnastics was great to watch, the athlete’s strength and ability were really outstanding and it was great to see them win the Bronze, despite them hoping for that silver.
Team GB are doing great, and it’s so nice to see friendly competition and how everyone seems to be behind the athletes.

Lets hope the Team continues to thrive, and I do think whatever the outcome, however many medals we get, we should be proud to have such a brilliant team representing our Nation. GO TEAM GB!
 

A suspected terrorist who MI5 believe is a would-be suicide bomber was found repeatedly near the Olympic Games venue.


No comments:

Post a Comment