Sunday 11 December 2011

The way they live...

So, I watched a programme on catch up the other day about how the Amish people live.
Previous to this programme, I knew the Amish were forgiving people and had seen a few myself while visiting Niagra falls in Canada a few years back. They struck me as quiet people and there clothes were very plain, and I'm sure they must have been hot in long shirts and dresses!
So this programme showed how British teenagers lived and reacted to their short visits with an Amish family.
The Amish people are caring, loving and very religious people. It was obvious their religion was a big part of their lives. I admire people who believe in something or someone so much they devote a part of their lives to them. The teenage girls told us they study the bible
Twice a day everyday! That's a lot of deep reading. At first this shocked me, but then I thought "Good for them!" it's nice to see teenagers spending their time reading, learning and caring everyday.
The British teenagers were shocked to learn and try to live like the Ahmish e.g their strong committed work ethic and their early mornings. Of course if it's not what they are used to it, it is a shock and something different to them. I wasn't keen on
How much they seemed to push their beliefs on the young English adults. It was nice to see how some of them took it in, and changed their minds .
However, I think everyone should be able to believe in what they want, because after all, who has the right to tell anyone else what it who to believe in?Because no matter how much we may try to persuade, we may argue with someone else, is that really going to change their opinion?
If someone is raised in a certain way, who are we to tell them
Any different.
If you get a chance have a look:



No comments:

Post a Comment