Thursday 25 August 2011

BBC helps Women in Technology

I am so glad that the BBC have recognized the problem that women have, less than half of women work in Science and in Technology!
The BBC is holding an event in London, that offers women job opportunities in subjects like Technology and Science, because more and more women are fighting for positions in these industries! I think its brilliant that more women are becoming interested and more organisations like the BBC are helping us!

I recently attended a Wikipedia V Girl geeks event in Bristol, where Wikipedia asked women why they do not edit on Wikipedia and the results were interesting. It was my first event and I am proud to say that I am a girl Geek :) I am interested in Science and Technology, and enjoy the same "geeky" programmes as men do.

I think more organisations need to realise what women can offer and so we can show off our abilities!

http://www.thefreshoutlook.com/?p=768

No comments:

Post a Comment