Monday 22 August 2011

400 women


Standing Up for Mexcian Women Victims



I recently researched and wrote an article regarding the Exhibtion "400 Women" by Tamsyn Challenger that is on display at the Edinburgh Art Festival. The exhibiton shows 400 portaits of Women that are victims of abuse, rape or murder as this is a growing concern in South Aamerica. The article I wrote is the link above under the title! 

The art Festival is ongoing from August 4th - September 4th and I urge women and men of all ages to go see this exhibiton! Seen as I am busy the next 6 weeks, I cannot go, and am quite disappointed actually as I woudl have loved to seen it! 

I think Tamsyn Challenger is inspirational, and has really captured the victims and how this has effected them, and has raised awareness of the crimes in Mexico. Unless any of these topics such as rape, are heard in our socitey or where we live, I dont think we think a lot about it. 
To actually write about it and choose to display it in oublic, is brave and admirable as we shoudl all be aware to stop these crimes happening.

The link below is to the Edinburgh Atrts Festival which I reccomend highly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment